Hello! If you are new here, you may subscribe to my RSS feed. Your comments are most welcome. Do Follow me onTwitter. Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, April 25, 2009

My first digital camera: Fuji Finepix S5600


The first digital camera I got was bought 5 years ago, December of 2004. I was so excited because unlike in film camera, you can have as many shots as your memory card can accommodate. I tried several subjects and composed a wide range of scenes, from still life to action. But I felt a lot comfortable with portraits especially of kids. I started reading the basics of digital photography online and learned the basic techniques in dealing with shutter speed and aperture opening. The finepix S5600 is actually a point and shoot type of camera however, its body format is designed similar to DSLR. In fact it does look like a tiny SLR. Its small size isn't very obvious unless you place it next to a real full-sized SLR like Nikon d30 or the canon eos 350D series.

One thing I like with my Finepix S5600 camera is its comfortable rubberized hand grip that wraps right around the camera. It also includes a fine textured thumb grip on its back. It is powered by 4 AA batteries which provides additional weight thus providing a better grip. Another aspect which makes Finepix S5600 exceptionally good is its quick start-up time of sligthly over a second if the flash is not turned on, and slightly about three seconds when the flash is turned on.. Focusing is also very quick and accurate. The Finepix S5600 has a wide range of options ranging from auto, aperture priority, shutter speed priority, and full manual setting. But I enjoy using the full manual setting because I can always play around the aperture and shutter speed setting best appropriate for the light condition and movement of the subject which you could not do to most point and shoot camera. I am sharing with you a few of my sample shots using the Fuji Finepix S5600.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Camera Technology Review and Features

Inform Asia Today